PLEASE NOTE: TMA is a TUSD Magnet School. TMA does NOT have an attendance boundary, but rather a very small "preference area," including several streets immediately surrounding our school. All potential students must enroll through the TUSD Transfer Process, which takes place each January.
Motto: "Helping our scholars to reach for the stars and beyond!"
Tustin Memorial Academy is Tustin Unified School District's GATE Magnet School. There are 3 main programs at a TMA, a Fundamental program for students in grades K-5, an APL (Advanced Primary Learner) program for students in grades 1-, and a GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program for students in grades 3-5. ALL students, regardless of program, are provided with a meaningful experience that focuses on developing the well-rounded individual and higher level thinking skills. Teaching strategies and opportunities that promote critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication are at the center of the learning for all TMA scholars.
Identified APL and GATE students are provided with challenging learning opportunities in a full classroom/self-contained setting, which is a unique feature of the school. The Magnet APL and GATE Programs provide a Differentiated Curriculum that promotes opportunities for study in greater depth and complexity, development of advanced skills through research and technology, growth in creativity and curiosity, and an appreciation for learning.
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics), Visual and Performing Arts, Balanced Literacy, CGI Math, and hands-on social studies continue to drive the curriculum and instruction for the entire school, along with our school wide focus on Growth Mindset. Our iTeam Headquarters Innovation Lab serves as an exciting place to collaborate and think creatively, and our TMA Garden provides an amazing outdoor learning lab opportunity for all students to experience throughout the year.
Tustin Memorial Academy encourages strong parental involvement with a collaborative relationship between staff and parents. This creates a unique and dynamic experience for our students.
Awards and Special Recognition
Tustin Memorial Academy was established in 1995 as the only elementary Magnet school in the Tustin Unified School District. Since its inception, the school has evolved to reflect the academic excellence and professionalism that are the hallmarks of an exemplary educational institution. We are proud to offer two distinct programs: Fundamental and GATE (Gifted and Talented Education). Tustin Memorial Academy is an award winning school and we proudly count among our accomplishments:
- California Honor Roll School, (Educational Results Partnership) ERP & (Campaign for Business & Education Excellences) CBEE
- National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, United States Department of Education 2007, 2016
- California Distinguished School, California Department of Education 2006, 2014, 2018, 2023
- California Exemplary Physical Activity and Nutrition Education Program Award 2018 (1 of 8 Awarded Schools)
- California Service-Learning Leader Project, California Department of Education 2009
- California Business for Excellence in Education Honor Roll--2006 through 2012
- Golden Bell Award, California School Boards Association for our H.E.R.O.E.S. Program 2006
- Excellent Contributions to Education Award, Orange County Department of Education 2005